[comp.lang.c++] Self-taught C++

terryb@cs.fau.edu (terry bohning) (01/15/91)

I am a proficient C programmer who would like to learn C++.  I have
purchased the Turbo C++ package.  Does anybody have any recommendation
of a good Self-Help C++ book, perhaps one oriented toward C++, although
quality is more important than Turbo orientation.  thanx.

sam@lysator.liu.se (Sam The Man) (01/16/91)

terryb@cs.fau.edu (terry bohning) writes:

>I am a proficient C programmer who would like to learn C++.  I have
>purchased the Turbo C++ package.  Does anybody have any recommendation
>of a good Self-Help C++ book, perhaps one oriented toward C++, although
>quality is more important than Turbo orientation.  thanx.

Stanley B. Lippman's "C++ Primer" provides an excellent introduction to C++.
The next step is probably (Haven't read it yet) "The C++ Annotated Reference
Manual" by Ellis & Stroustrup. Both books are written by AT&T people and are
published by Addison Wesley.

Samuel "Sam The Man" Bergenstrahle | No responsibilites, only credits
sam@lave.lysator.liu.se (internet) |