From: lawrence@garland.uk.co.btrl ()
Newsgroups: lang.comp.c++
Subject: OWC++ and NIHCL library compatibility
Expires:

We are trying to use Objectworks for C++ (ParcPlace) Release 2 in conjunction with the NIHCL library (dev by Keith E. Gorlen et al) on Sun SPARCstations.

We run into a problem with multiply defined _main.o objects in the libC.a and the libnihcl.a libraries during linkage.

We are using the AT&T R2.1 C++ compiler.

Is there a way of combining/eliminating the two _main.o objects?

Both OWC and NIHCL seem to generate their own _main.o.

Any solutions??

Are there any other potential problems we might run into by using these two products together?

Many Thanks.
Lawrence Lordanich
lawrence@garland.bt.co.uk