[comp.lang.c++] C++ coding style guide

rme@olympia.unet.com (Richard Emberson) (03/21/91)

Are there any sources for C++ coding style guidelines (books, archive sites,
etc.)?

Any pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks
Richard Emberson
rme@olympia.net.com

horstman@mathcs.sjsu.edu (Cay Horstmann) (03/22/91)

In article <1320@unet.UUCP> rme@olympia.unet.com (Richard Emberson) writes:
>Are there any sources for C++ coding style guidelines (books, archive sites,
>etc.)?
>
>Any pointer would be appreciated.

Given that it is C++, wouldn't a reference be preferred?

Cay

burch@hpcc01.HP.COM (Jeff Burch) (03/28/91)

Apple's MPW C++ product comes with an excellent Appendix E:

	MPW C++ Style Guide

Although some of the info is Mac specific, we have gained much
useful insights for UNIX C++. Note: MPW stands for Mac Programmers
Workshop.

	Jeff Burch
	Hewlett Packard
	Optical Electronics Division, San Jose, CA.
	jeff@hpoemb.sj.hp.com
	telnet 435-4657

Jim.Spencer@p510.f22.n282.z1.fidonet.org (Jim Spencer) (04/01/91)

Jeff Burch writes in a message to All

JB> Apple's MPW C++ product comes with an excellent Appendix E:
JB> MPW C++ Style Guide Although some of the info is Mac specific,
JB> we have gained much useful insights for UNIX C++. Note: MPW stands
JB> for Mac Programmers Workshop.

A cheap way to get a copy of this Appendix is to get a copy of issue 2, April 1990 edition of d e v e l o p magazine which has a version of Appendix E.  Back issues are available from APDA for $10.