[comp.lang.c++] Borland C++ bugs

opergb@uvm.edu (Gary Bushey) (03/28/91)

I have noticed that there are some postings about Borland c++ bugs.  Is there
a collection of these bugs and whether or not they have been confirmed?  IF
not, you can E-mail me a list of bugs that you have found and I will compile
and post.

Gary Bushey
opergb@newton.uvm.edu

ahodgson@athena.mit.edu (Antony Hodgson) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr01.221830.442@groucho> lowthe861@snake.cs.uidaho.edu () writes:
>I recently got the new version of Borland C++, and I have already found what I think is an error.  I compiled the following program on V1.0 and it ran fine,
>but on V2.0, I get an error.  Could someone please tell me if this is a change in the language, and if so why, or is it a genuine BUG.

This is not an error;  it is a change which makes BC++ more compatible
with emerging C++ standards.

>				Thank you.
>
>#include <stdio.h>
>
>class circle
>{
>  static int arc;  // <******** Initialize arc;  see below
>  public:
>  void set_arc(int new_arc);
>}
>
>void circle::set_arc(int new_arc)
>{
>  arc = new_arc;
>}

//  arc must be explicitly initialized outside of the class definition so
//  that it's value is available to the first instantiation of circle.
int circle::arc = 0;

>main()
>{
>  circle c1;