[comp.lang.c++] HELP!!

jfm@med.unc.edu (John F. Miller) (04/06/91)

In trying to link a Turbo C++ program totalling ~5200 lines, the linker
complains "Linker error:  Segment _TEXT exceeds 64k".  Could someone
please give me an idea how to correct this?  Each module of the program
compiles on its own with no difficulty, and the whole thing was working
until I made a few modifications (yes, I'm looking through my mods to
see if I did something funky, but I haven't found anything yet).

--
  John Miller (jfm@med.unc.edu)
  Department of Pharmacology, UNC-CH School of Medicine

meuer@cs.umn.edu (Mark V. Meuer) (04/07/91)

In <3249@beguine.UUCP> jfm@med.unc.edu (John F. Miller) writes:

>In trying to link a Turbo C++ program totalling ~5200 lines, the linker
>complains "Linker error:  Segment _TEXT exceeds 64k".  Could someone
>please give me an idea how to correct this?  Each module of the program
>compiles on its own with no difficulty, and the whole thing was working
>until I made a few modifications (yes, I'm looking through my mods to
>see if I did something funky, but I haven't found anything yet).

My first suggestion to you would be to check your memory model.  You
probably need to recompile everything with either the "large" or
"huge" memory model.

-mark

--
Mark Meuer   <><   |  The Geometry Center  |  meuer@geom.umn.edu
Observing the first baloon ascent in Paris, [Ben] Franklin heard a scoffer