[comp.lang.c++] BC++, TC++???

dridge@athena.mit.edu (Matthew W Eldridge) (05/06/91)

I hear a lt about C++, both Borland C++, Turbo C++ and Borland Turbo C++.
I take it all these packages are done by Borland...

What is the difference between Borland C++, and Borland Turbo C++?
I know there is a substantial price difference, what does that reflect?
I was told the Turbo version is much more "robust"...

Matthew
dridge@athena.mit.du

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John Keating) (05/06/91)

dridge@athena.mit.edu (Matthew W Eldridge) writes:

> What is the difference between Borland C++, and Borland Turbo C++?
> I know there is a substantial price difference, what does that reflect?

Basically, the difference between Turbo C++ (TC++) and Borland C++ (BC++) is
that with TC++, you are limited to creating DOS binaries, where in BC++, you
can create MS Windows binaries in addition to the standard DOS binaries.

> I was told the Turbo version is much more "robust"...

Other than that, I know of no other differences.  I have no idea which may be
more robust.  Considering the greater level of complexity of BC++, I would
guess, though, that it isn't as robust as TC++.

John Keating
--
 | Looking for genealogical histories of | | keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu |