In article <CULBERT.90Nov23100040@m43.bloom-beacon> culbert@m43.bloom-beacon ( Jim Culbert ) writes:

   From: culbert@m43.bloom-beacon ( Jim Culbert )
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++
   Date: 23 Nov 90 18:00:40 GMT
   Sender: daemon@athena.mit.edu (Mr Background)

   I've just stepped into managing a project where a portion of the project
   has been implemented using the AT&T C++ task management library. We run
   on SUNs and have a combination of 3's and 4's. No one bothered to check
   if the task management utilities ran on the sun4 (most of the guys still
   have sun3's). Well, (as far as my inquiries to SUN and AT&T have indicated)
   it doesn't. Can anyone out there tell me I'm wrong? Or, has anyone
   undertaken the task of porting the machine specific portion of the library
   to run on the sun4 platforms? Help!

   --
   Jim Culbert
   Research Associate, Project Manager Air Traffic Project

To the best of my knowledge, Sun's C++ version 2.0 or greater supports a task
library on Sparc based machines;

--
Internet: salc@sisyphus.shearson.com
UUCP:	  ...!uunet!slcpi!sisyphus!salc

cojrp@lut.ac.uk (JR Pitchers) (06/10/91)

>> Has anyone out there ported the AT&T C++ Task Library to an HP 800 series
>> target? I should be most grateful for any assistance.
>
>Yes, HP has!  HP C++ is a native true compiler based on ATT cfront 2.1.
>It is available under HP-UX on HP9000 S300/400, S800/600, and S700
>systems.  The ATT Task Library has been ported to all platforms and is
>part of the HP C++ product.  I did not do this port, but I have been
>told that porting this library is indeed a tricky "task".
>
>I'll see if I can dig up some AT&T Task Library porting hints for you.
>(It's not too late to get HP C++ :-)
>
>Brad Ahlf
>bla@hplgsup1.cup.hp.com

Any idea how much HP C++ costs?

Thanks, Jeff Pitchers Loughborough University UK