[comp.lang.c++] what is et++?

aed@netcom.COM (Andrew Davidson) (06/12/91)

What is ET++? where can you get a copy of it?

Andy
                  "bede-bede-bede Thats all Folks"
				Porky Pig
Andrew E. Davidson
Woodside CA.
aed@netcom.COM

hitz@csi.uottawa.ca (Martin Hitz) (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun12.155333.6481@netcom.COM> aed@netcom.COM (Andrew Davidson) writes:
>What is ET++? where can you get a copy of it?
>
>Andy
>--
>                  "bede-bede-bede Thats all Folks"
>				Porky Pig
>Andrew E. Davidson
>Woodside CA.
>aed@netcom.COM

This is one line of information + 9 lines telling who the originator was
(not counting the From: line). I suppose that you have never been using
a 2400 Baud phone line...

To answer your question: It's a user interface class library. I enclose a
former posting by Reid Ellis:

>After looking about in North America, it looks like the only site that
>had ET++ 1.2 on this side of the Pond [cayuga.cs.rochester.edu] has
>traded it in for a copy of jove.  Thus, after 6 attempts, I finally
>managed to get a copy of ET++ 1.2 from Switzerland.  It's available
>for ftp on prince.white.toronto.edu under pub/et++ and I'll update it
>with the new version of ET++ when it becomes available.
>[...]
>Reid Ellis  176 Brookbanks Drive, Toronto ON, M3A 2T5 Canada

I hope that'll help.

Martin Hitz@csi.uottawa.ca

jdm5548@diamond.tamu.edu (James Darrell McCauley) (06/15/91)

In article <1991Jun12.185508.15139@csi.uottawa.ca>, hitz@csi.uottawa.ca (Martin Hitz) writes:
|> In article <1991Jun12.155333.6481@netcom.COM> aed@netcom.COM (Andrew Davidson) writes:
|> >What is ET++? where can you get a copy of it?
|> >
|> >Andy
[ ... ]
|> >traded it in for a copy of jove.  Thus, after 6 attempts, I finally
|> >managed to get a copy of ET++ 1.2 from Switzerland.  It's available
|> >for ftp on prince.white.toronto.edu under pub/et++ and I'll update it
|> >with the new version of ET++ when it becomes available.

Of course, I think that he meant ET++ 2.2.

Is there a mailing list for users of et++?  If not, could someone comment
on it (via email).  I'm thinking of using it (while learning C++ at the
same time) on a Sun 4 with AT&T's C++ 2.0.  I tried compiling a few months
ago, had problems and gave up.  Now, I'm ready to try it again.
--
James Darrell McCauley, Grad Res Asst, Spatial Analysis Lab
Dept of Ag Engr, Texas A&M Univ, College Station, TX 77843-2117, USA