[comp.lang.c++] Looking for comments on M++ from Dyad Software

gvokalek@augean.ua.OZ.AU (George Vokalek) (06/14/91)

I am seeking comments on the M++ Class library from Dyad Software,
which implements multidimensional arrays suitable for large
scientific calculations.

The product is advertised by Programmers Shop in Byte magazine, but
I have seen no other information.

George.

joe@proto.com (Joe Huffman) (06/17/91)

gvokalek@augean.ua.OZ.AU (George Vokalek) writes:

>I am seeking comments on the M++ Class library from Dyad Software,
>which implements multidimensional arrays suitable for large
>scientific calculations.

I met Les Dye at Comdex last November.  He is the president of Dyad
Software.  He seemed to be knowledgeable and intelligent in his approach
to the issues of matrix manipulations and C++.  He told me that nearly all
the actual code was did the calcualtions was filtered through just a few
small functions that were written in assembly language.  There were
different functions selected at runtime depending on whether you had
a coprocessor (and which one...) or not.

Zortech and Dyad are doing a joint marketing effort with the Zortech 3.0
release.  The 'Zortech C++ Science & Engineering Edition 3.0' includes the
M++ Class library along with the rest of the stuff that comes with the
Developers Edition:  royality free 286 and 32 bit 386 DOS extenders, OS/2
and Windows support (no more SDK required), debugger, graphics library, etc,
etc.

---
Zortech mailing list: send email to 'ztc-list-request@zortech.com' with:
Add: your-user-name@your-machine-name
In the body of the message.
---
Send Zortech bug reports to 'zortech-bugs@zortech.com'
Send requests for educational discounts to 'zortech-ed@zortech.com'
---
Zortech is my major source of income.  Statements about them or their
competitors cannot be totally without bias.

--
joe@proto.com