[comp.lang.c] C compiler for micro/RSX

halpern@butler.UUCP (Eric Halpern) (11/13/86)

I am in search of a C compiler to run under micro/RSX / RSX-11M-PLUS on
a microPDP 11/73.  I know of a compiler available from Whitesmiths, but
have reservations about what seems to be *non-standard* interface to certain
machine dependent library functions. I would appreciate any comments on
Whitesmiths and/or suggestions for and warnings against any other available
compilers.

...uw-beaver!tikal!dataio!butler!halpern

halpern@butler.UUCP (Eric Halpern) (11/13/86)

I am in search of a C compiler for micro/RSX / RSX-11M-PLUS running on a
microPDP11/73. I know of one compiler distributed by Whitesmiths but have
some reservations about its *non-standard* interface for certain library calls.
I would appreciate any comments on Whitesmiths and/or suggetions for and
warnings against other available compilers.

			   eric
			   uw-beaver!tikal!dataio!butler!halpern

campbell@maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell) (11/15/86)

In article <260@butler.UUCP> halpern@butler.UUCP (Eric Halpern) writes:
>I am in search of a C compiler for micro/RSX / RSX-11M-PLUS running on a
>microPDP11/73. I know of one compiler distributed by Whitesmiths but have
>some reservations about its *non-standard* interface for certain library calls.
>I would appreciate any comments on Whitesmiths and/or suggetions for and
>warnings against other available compilers.

DECUS C is a free C compiler that runs under most PDP-11 operating
systems, including RSX.  It comes with source code (the compiler
itself is written in MACRO-11) and a ton of utilities, and is actually
a pretty decent package -- better than a lot of commercial products
floating around these days.  DEC has used it to build several products.

You can get it for a nominal media charge from DECUS.  Sorry, don't know
the order number offhand.
--
Larry Campbell       MCI: LCAMPBELL          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
UUCP: {alliant,wjh12}!maynard!campbell      120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109