[comp.lang.c] How to do it ?

In article <6280@decwrl.DEC.COM> denis@lerouf.dec.com (Michel DENIS, European Engineering, Valbonne) writes:
>I would like to know if someone has used (or heard about the use of) high level
>languages (C, Pascal, Ada, ..) or tools to generate PDP-11 code.

The original C compilers were written on and for the PDP-11!
You can find one such in the DECUS library.  Whitesmiths will
sell you another, plus a Pascal pre-processor:  this should
accept a more modern version of C.  Other companies should
have PDP-11 versions: this  w a s  the original base for Unix,
once it was written in C!  (The PDP-7 versions, memory tells
me, were largely assembly code.)
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}
			jsdy@hadron.COM (not yet domainised)