[comp.lang.c] Compiler texts

KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (12/16/86)

Date: 15 December 1986, 11:26:39 PST
From: Kevin J. Burnett          x3330                <KJBSF@SLACVM>
To:   <INFO-C@BRL-SMOKE.ARPA>
Subject: Compiler texts

I'd be interested in knowing of the existence of any good books on compiler
design, etc. that refers to 'C' compilers in specific.  All the ones that I
have seen are geared towards ALGOL-68 compilers (and boy, EVERYBODY uses
Algol, don't they?).  I know about BNF, regular expressions, grammars, etc.,
so having to digest that type of material is no problem.

Oh, also, I have a grammar for a (cough, cough) Path-Pascal compiler, and was
wondering of the existence of a way of having this digested by a compiler-
compiler or some such nifty little product.  I'm on a (ahem) VM machine.

Thanks.

- Kevin Burnett
SLAC