[comp.lang.c] Fortran-77 to C translator -- INFO WANTED

MHARRIS@g.bbn.com (02/23/87)

Thanks to Tom Beattie for suggesting the existence of such a product;  I
can't mail to him directly to ask for more info, so if he or anyone else
knows about the one he mentioned (Intrinsic) or others, I'd appreciate
pointers and help.  Many thanks.

-- Michael Harris   (617)497-3794   MHarris@G.BBN.COM

coffee@aero.UUCP (02/24/87)

Lexeme, located -- I believe -- in Pittsburgh, also does
translation: _Information_Week_ (9/8/86) reported that
FORTRAN to C and FORTRAN to Ada were their two most popular
services. The translators, needless to say, are written in
the language people use to solve the truly difficult
problems :-) (see the last keyword for a hint...)

			Cheers, Peter C.

firth@sei.cmu.edu.UUCP (02/25/87)

In article <7759@aero.ARPA> coffee@aero.UUCP (Peter C. Coffee) writes:
>Lexeme, located -- I believe -- in Pittsburgh, also does
>translation: _Information_Week_ (9/8/86) reported that
>FORTRAN to C and FORTRAN to Ada were their two most popular
>services. The translators, needless to say, are written in
>the language people use to solve the truly difficult
>problems :-) (see the last keyword for a hint...)
>
>			Cheers, Peter C.
Sorry, the news on the street is that Lexeme went belly-up
a couple of weeks ago.  Potential customers should check.
(Potential Lisp users maybe should take warning?)

jty@intrin.UUCP (02/26/87)

In article <4608@brl-adm.ARPA> MHARRIS@g.bbn.com writes:
>knows about the one he mentioned (Intrinsic) or others, I'd appreciate
>pointers and help.  Many thanks.

We have a direct info request USENET mailing address:
c-77@intrin.UUCP (or ...!mcvax!tut!intrin!c-77), where you can
send mail asking specific questions.
If you can not access Usenet, try some of my addresses
at the end of this article.

In summary, our product, The C-77, translates ANSI Fortran-77
(extended with the MIL-STD-1793 and Hollerith constants)
to Kernighan-Ritchie C.
It also supports some VAX and HP Fortran extensions.

To our knowledge this is the only Fortran to C translator
that does all the translation by itself (no hand-coding needed).
----
Jyrki Yli-Nokari	Usenet:	  ...!mcvax!tut!intrin!jty (jty@intrin.UUCP)
Intrinsic Oy		Bitnet:	  YLI at FINTUTA
Aleksis Kiven Katu 11 C	Internet: jty@tut.FI