[comp.lang.c] C compilers for MS-DOS

MIKEC%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU (04/24/87)

I am working with a Toshiba T3100 and using it as a parameter monitor on
a mobile robot.  My question is:

    What are the good C compilers for the MS-DOS environment?
    Is Turbo-C out yet?   Any good?
    Microsoft?
    Lattice?

I am sure this has been covered before, but I am new to the net.

Thanxs very much.
-------

john@viper.UUCP (John Stanley) (04/27/87)

In article <7075@brl-adm.ARPA>
MIKEC%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU (Mike E. Ciholas) writes:
 >I am working with a Toshiba T3100 and using it as a parameter monitor on
 >a mobile robot.  My question is:
 >
 >    What are the good C compilers for the MS-DOS environment?
 >    Is Turbo-C out yet?   Any good?

  Microsoft is ok and has some really nice debugging tools.  Lattice
is also ok although, at last check, the code it produced wasn't quite
as tight or fast.

  As a good option to "the two frontrunners", you might want to try
Aztec-C from Manx.  They have cross-compilers from-to almost any
micro and a few mini's.  They also have 80186 and 8286 compiler
options on their MS-DOS compilers along with a ROMable code option
that might be very useful if you are doing any prom work for your
robot.  You could use your T3100 for writing programs for MS-DOS
-and- for your robot...

---
John Stanley (john@viper.UUCP)
Software Consultant - DynaSoft Systems
UUCP: ...{amdahl,ihnp4,rutgers}!{meccts,dayton}!viper!john