[comp.lang.c] Want nr sources

tad@killer.UUCP (Tad Marko) (04/30/87)

Dr. Dobb's Journal ran a three part article about an nroff like utility
called nr in the February, March, and April issues (I think it's those,
anyway).  I am very interested in playing around with nr, but I'm loathe
to type it in.  Does anyone have it already in electronic form that they
would be willing to e-mail to me?  I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Tad
--
Tad Marko
..!ihnp4!killer!tad		||	..!ihnp4!alamo!infoswx!ntvax!tad

"Hi there!" -- Peter Gabriel in "Big Time"

pete@stc.UUCP (05/07/87)

in article <817@killer.UUCP}, tad@killer.UUCP (Tad Marko) says:
}
} Dr. Dobb's Journal ran a three part article about an nroff like utility
} called nr in the February, March, and April issues (I think it's those,
} anyway).  I am very interested in playing around with nr, but I'm loathe
} to type it in.  Does anyone have it already in electronic form that they
} would be willing to e-mail to me?  I would greatly appreciate any help.
}
} Thanks,
} Tad

        Me too! It might well be worth someone posting this if
        there's enough demand.

        Peter (Help! This project's holding me hostage!) Kendell
--
	Peter Kendell <pete@tcom.stc.co.uk>

	'Have you no idea of development, of progress?'
	'I have seen both in an egg. We call it Going Bad in Narnia.'

beattie@netxcom.UUCP (Brian Beattie) (05/08/87)

The source for nr is available for 29.95 from M&T (publishers of Dr. Dobbs).
This code is copyrighted.  It is unlawful to redistribute this code with-
out permission.

I don't have the phone or address it should be in the back of Dr. Dobbs.
Brian Beattie			| Phone: (703)749-2365
NetExpress Communications, Inc.	| uucp: seismo!sundc!netxcom!beattie
1953 Gallows Road, Suite 300	|
Vienna,VA 22180			|

jbwaters@bsu-cs.UUCP (J. Brian Waters) (05/09/87)

> in article <817@killer.UUCP}, tad@killer.UUCP (Tad Marko) says:
> }
> } Dr. Dobb's Journal ran a three part article about an nroff like utility
> } called nr in the February, March, and April issues (I think it's those,
> } anyway).  I am very interested in playing around with nr, but I'm loathe
> } to type it in.  Does anyone have it already in electronic form that they
> } would be willing to e-mail to me?  I would greatly appreciate any help.
> }
> } Thanks,
> } Tad

Dr. Dobb's maintains a SIG (or I guess they call them forums now) on CompuServe

in which they have  the listings of many of their published programs available

for downloading.  If you have access to CIS you may want to check for nr.

                           Brian Waters

pre1@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Grant A. Prellwitz) (05/10/87)

In article <563@bsu-cs.UUCP> jbwaters@bsu-cs.UUCP (J. Brian Waters) writes:
>> in article <817@killer.UUCP}, tad@killer.UUCP (Tad Marko) says:
>> }
>> } Dr. Dobb's Journal ran a three part article about an nroff like utility
>> } called nr in the February, March, and April issues (I think it's those,
>> } anyway).  I am very interested in playing around with nr, but I'm loathe
>> } to type it in.  Does anyone have it already in electronic form that they
>> } would be willing to e-mail to me?  I would greatly appreciate any help.
>> }
>> } Thanks,
>> } Tad
>Dr. Dobb's maintains a SIG (or I guess they call them forums now) on CompuServe
>in which they have  the listings of many of their published programs available
>for downloading.  If you have access to CIS you may want to check for nr.
>
>                           Brian Waters

     I watch that SIG fairly regularly.  Unfortunately, Allen Holub says that
it is being offered (with source) through the magazine for a fee.  It is not
available for downloading from CIS and if you see it anywhere else, it
must be considdered pirated software.  It is not in the Public Domain, It is
not ShareWare, and it IS COPYRIGHTED.  If it is as good a nroff clone as I've
heard, it's probably worth it, though it only has the -ms package.  Holub
doesn't have access to a "good" -mm on Berkeley, so he didn't implement it.
There is more information on Compuserve.  Type 'GO DDJFORUM' to follow the
conversation.  Sorry about the "bad news".  It's not too expensive, though.
I think someone said in the $20-30 range?
	Grant

--
!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!pre1          pre1@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP