[comp.lang.c] Mac+ + C++

ifocs9d@aucs.UUCP (06/25/87)

I'm looking for information on C++ for the Macintosh.  If anyone knows of
such an implementation, please sent information to me.  I'm using a Macintosh
Plus and Lightspeed C.

olson@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (olson) (06/26/87)

In article <384@aucs.UUCP> ifocs9d@aucs.UUCP (Rick Giles) writes:

>I'm looking for information on C++ for the Macintosh.  If anyone knows of
>such an implementation, please sent information to me.  I'm using a Macintosh
>Plus and Lightspeed C.

One of the physics professors here has ported C++ to his mac.  He says
the port was easy, but it runs a bit slow.  He is reluctant to make
it availble because of licencing problems.  In fact he (rightly) feels
strongly enough about this to put his Mac on the University site licence
for C++.  Since the commercial licence cost so much more and he is
not interested in supporting C++, just using it, this is as far as
it is going, probably.

(Damn economics keep getting in the way!)

Todd Olson

ARPA: olson@lasspvax.tn.cornell.edu
 ----- or ---- ARPA: olson@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
UUCP: {ihnp4,allegra,...}!cornell!lasspvax!olson
US Mail: Dept Physics, Clark Hall, Cornell University,
	 Ithaca, New York 14853-2501