[comp.lang.c] Looking for a C call-graph generator ...

mlandau@Diamond.BBN.COM (Matt Landau) (07/24/87)

NOTE: I've changed the followup to comp.lang.c, where this discussion
      is more appropriate.  If you're reading this via Arpa mailing
      lists, check info-c (or get news working :-)

In comp.unix.wizards (<566@saturn.ucsc.edu>), skinner@saturn.ucsc.edu
(Robert Skinner) writes:

>someone asks about the existence of a tool that I could use also, and
>we get the above response.  OK, Frank, I've 'learned a few new commands'
>and here's what I know:
>
> [List of programs that aren't present on stock BSD or certain SysV
>  systems...]
>
>back to the original question:  what works?

Try "calls", the call-graph generator posted to comp.sources.unix
(formerly mod.sources), and available from you nearest c.s.u archive
site.  It's not as nice as cflow in some ways, but it's eminently
serviceable.
--
 Matt Landau			Oblivion gallops closer,
 mlandau@bbn.com		    favoring the spur, sparing the rein...