From: Kenneth S. Carpenter:El Segundo:Xerox
Sender: Kenneth S. Carpenter:El Segundo:Xerox
Subject: Alternate PDP-11 (RSX11M+) 'C' Compilers
Date: 22-July-87 (Wednesday) 16:00:07 PDT
To: Joanne Morimizu
Answer to: Kenneth S. Carpenter:El Segundo:Xerox, Greg Widener:El
Segundo:Xerox
Note: Joanne,
Please send this to info-c@brl-tgr.ARPA

I am interested in any information (personal testimony or pointer to a
publication on the subject) about C compilers for the PDP-11 (RSX11M+).
Currently I am using the Whitesmith compiler.  While this compiler is
good and seems to conform to ANSI it has its drawbacks.

I am looking for optimization first (Overall Speed and floating point
optimization).  i.e., I am looking for a code generator which uses
floating point only assembly language and does not convert to double
precision.  Conforming to ANSI is a secondary requirement.  If they
support prototyping, that would be sufficient.  As long as the company
intends to upgrade to ANSI, I would be satisfied.

thanks,
kc

Please direct responses to me and I will post a summary.

Arpanet address: KCarpenter.El_Segundo@Xerox.COM
phone: 213-333-7394