[comp.lang.c] uudecode

bagpiper@csvax.caltech.EDU (07/27/87)

     Somebody posted a copy of the source to uu[en,de]code in 'c'.  The
copy to uuencode came out fine, but the copy of uudecode seems to have been
truncated.  Unfortunately I did not save the header to this wonderful document.
If anybody could send me a good copy of uudecode I would be grateful.
     One quick question.  A few weeks (months maybe) there were problems with
mailers cutting off blanks at the end of lines and I think that a new version
of the uu??code utilities were created that had a M at the beginning and the
end of the line instead of just the beginning.  Could anybody verify this??

p.s. I am not sure where I originally got uu*, so this not may get on some
mailing lists that never say the posting that I am talking about - sorry.

                              Thankx,

Michael Hunter         UUCP  : ....{seismo, rutgers, ames}!cit-vax!oxy!bagpiper
Box 241                ARPA  : oxy!bagpiper@csvax.caltech.edu
Occidental College     BITNET: oxy!bagpiper@hamlet.bitnet
Los Angeles, CA 90041  CSNET : oxy!bagpiper%csvax.caltech.edu@relay.cs.net

flaps@utcsri.UUCP (07/29/87)

In article <8492@brl-adm.ARPA> bagpiper@csvax.caltech.EDU writes:
>A few weeks (months maybe) there were problems with
>mailers cutting off blanks at the end of lines and I think that a new version
>of the uu??code utilities were created that had a M at the beginning and the
>end of the line instead of just the beginning.  Could anybody verify this??

The Berkeley version of uuen/decode uses ` instead of space.  This is a
completely compatible modification due to the way the program works which
involves a mod by 64.

My version adds checksums.  Since it is both-ways compatible with the other
two versions, everyone should use it...

I have e-mailed it to you.

--

      //  Alan J Rosenthal
     //

"To be whole is to be part; true voyage is return."