Date:     Tue, 11 Aug 87 7:31:26 CDT
From:     Al Gaspar  <gaspar@almsa-1>
To:       info-xenix310@simtel20
cc:       gaspar@ALMSA-1
Subject:  Problems compiling...

I have a fairly large program (about 15,000 lines of code) that I am
trying to compile on our Intel 310 running Xenix 3.0.  This program
is an update to an earlier program; so similar code has run before on
this machine.  The problem that I am having is that unless I strip out
about 50% of the code and literal strings, the program is killed
instantly for lack of space.

This program is part of a larger system, and there are other programs
in the system that are larger and contain more strings yet still
compile and run.  I have taken every reasonably large string and placed
it in a file to be read in, and I am still having problems.  I have
also divided the 23 source files into three separate text and data
segments (I wanted to try separate data and text groups, but those
options are broken on our compiler).  I have been running the compiles
with the map option, but the map is not giving me any real useful
information.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I might try?  I am about run out
of ideas.  Thanks for any help.

Please...

Al

--
Al Gaspar	<gaspar@almsa-1.arpa>
USAMC ALMSA, ATTN:  AMXAL-OW, Box 1578, St. Louis, MO  63188-1578

----- End of forwarded messages