[comp.lang.c] Types really link-time compression

tim@amdcad.AMD.COM (Tim Olson) (08/25/87)

In article <18042@amdcad.AMD.COM>, tim@amdcad.AMD.COM (myself) writes:
> There is research going on in this area, because it would benifit a
> great many architectures.  A good paper to read on the subject is one
> written by David Wall of DEC -- sorry, I can't find the paper so I can't
> give a complete reference -- those that are interested can email me; I
> should be able to find the reference for you.

I found the reference:

The paper was presented at the ACM Sigplan Compiler Conference in June,
1986, and can be found in the proceedings of that conference.  The title
is:

	"Global Register Allocation at Link Time"

by David Wall

	-- tim