[comp.lang.c] Dr. Dobbs Curses

bagpiper@csvax.caltech.EDU (08/23/87)

Does anybody typed in the source to the curses package that was in Dr. Dobb's
a month or two ago?  If you have, could you please send me a copy??  I hate
typeing in things out of mags!!  Thanks a lot!!!!!

Michael Hunter         UUCP  : ....{seismo, rutgers, ames}!cit-vax!oxy!bagpiper
Box 241                ARPA  : oxy!bagpiper@csvax.caltech.edu
Occidental College     BITNET: oxy!bagpiper@hamlet.bitnet
Los Angeles, CA 90041  CSNET : oxy!bagpiper%csvax.caltech.edu see arti: Thu

japplega@csm9a.UUCP (Joe Applegate) (08/24/87)

The sources for Holub's Curses (Dr. Dobbs Journal) may be found on the Dr.
Dobbs Forum of Compuserve.... I'd upload them to the net but Compuserve has
some medieval !@#%@# notion that anything placed on their service belongs
exclusively to them!!!

    Joe Applegate - Colorado School of Mines Computing Center
            {seismo, hplabs}!hao!isis!csm9a!japplega
                              or
 SYSOP @ M.O.M. AI BBS - (303) 273-3989 - 300/1200/2400 8-N-1 24 hrs.

       *** UNIX is a philosophy, not an operating system ***
 *** BUT it is a registered trademark of AT&T, so get off my back ***

daveb@geac.UUCP (Brown) (08/24/87)

In article <479@csm9a.UUCP> japplega@csm9a.UUCP (Joe Applegate) writes:
>The sources for Holub's Curses (Dr. Dobbs Journal) may be found on the Dr.
>Dobbs Forum of Compuserve.... I'd upload them to the net but Compuserve has
>some medieval !@#%@# notion that anything placed on their service belongs
>exclusively to them!!!

As I recollect, a clarification of the Compuserve policy was posted last
month in the PC and Mac discussion groups.  In short, they don't belong
to Compuserve, they belong to  Dr. Dobbs, but one may not distribute
them as part of a "mass of stuff downloaded from Compuserve" since Compuserve
holds a colective-work copyright on the mess.

Contact Dr. Dobbs for permission and POST!

 --dave (infalluble) collier-brown
--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor|yetti|utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its

zentrale@rmi.UUCP (08/28/87)

: In article <479@csm9a.UUCP> japplega@csm9a.UUCP (Joe Applegate) writes:
: >The sources for Holub's Curses (Dr. Dobbs Journal) may be found on the Dr.
: >Dobbs Forum of Compuserve.... I'd upload them to the net but Compuserve has
: >some medieval !@#%@# notion that anything placed on their service belongs
: >exclusively to them!!!
:

I think CIS exclusive rights do not apply, if the downloaded software
itself (or other information) are signed to be PD or published on other
BBS or systems.

-Rupert Mohr