[comp.lang.c] Turbo C version list

frisk@askja.UUCP (Fridrik Skulason) (09/05/87)

A few weeks ago I asked for a list of Turbo C versions, since I had
heard the rumors that a considerable number of different versions, all
number 1.0, but with different creation dates had been shipped.

Those rumors seem greatly exaggerated, and in fact I only discovered
two versions.

The earlier version is dated 3. jan '87, containing all the known bugs,
but the other one is dated 20. may '87, and in it the math bug (divide)
has been fixed.

But, since the TC patching program appeared here some time ago - you
probably have fixed your program by now, and this information is of
no use ... ah well ... since I promised to summarize ...

--
Fridrik Skulason  Univ. of Iceland, Computing Center
       UUCP  ...mcvax!hafro!askja!frisk                BIX  frisk

                     "This line intentionally left blank"

len@array.UUCP (Leonard Vanek) (09/11/87)

In article <277@askja.UUCP> frisk@askja.UUCP (Fridrik Skulason) writes:
>Those rumors seem greatly exaggerated, and in fact I only discovered
>two versions.
>
>The earlier version is dated 3. jan '87, containing all the known bugs,
>but the other one is dated 20. may '87, and in it the math bug (divide)
>has been fixed.

Although I have not had time to study it to determine which bugs have
been fixed, I can say that there is a third version, dated 3 June 87.

Len