[comp.lang.c] Pronounciation of 'char'

wimm@leffe.UUCP (wimm) (10/20/87)

It has already been stated before(as the original poster did) that such a
discussion costs an awful lot of money. Not only for the people continueing
this but, and this is far worse, also for the people who don't give a DAMN
about pronounciation as long as they're understood.
And YES, I know there is an 'n' key provided with `rn`, but I still have to
read the heading.

So pleeeeeeese stop such a nonsens & time-consuming discussion

Church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully.
=  Willem Merks              @@@  @   @ @@@ @   @@@ @@@  @@@     @@@  @@@ @@@  =
=  UUCP: ..!uunet!mcvax!     @  @ @   @  @  @    @  @  @ @       @  @  @  @    =
=        philmds!leffe!wimm  @@@  @@@@@  @  @    @  @@@  @@@  =  @  @  @  @@   =
=  Building: TQ_V_5          @    @   @  @  @ @  @  @      @     @  @  @  @    =
=  Eindhoven , Holland       @    @   @ @@@ @@@ @@@ @    @@@     @@@   @  @@@  =
=	   D T E :  T H E   L O G I C   A N A L Y Z E R   G R O U P	       =

dmw3@ur-tut.UUCP (David Walsh) (10/22/87)

In article <26@leffe.UUCP> wimm@leffe.UUCP (wimm) writes:

>It has already been stated before(as the original poster did) that such a
>discussion costs an awful lot of money. Not only for the people continueing
>this but, and this is far worse, also for the people who don't give a DAMN
>about pronounciation as long as they're understood.
>And YES, I know there is an 'n' key provided with `rn`, but I still have to
>read the heading.
>
>So pleeeeeeese stop such a nonsens & time-consuming discussion

  I agree that this is a total waste of time.  Then you ask "Why am I posting
to this?"  Because it slipped through my KILL file, and I thought that I could
help all of you netters that never learned what a KILL file is.  Just
press capital K and (as long as you use rn) you will never have to
see any more replies, or follow-ups or whatever.  Isn't that special :-) :-)

  Bye the way, it is silly to see 4 new msgs, 3 of which are killed because
they are about how to pronounce 'char', very wasteful.

Dave Walsh - yes I know that I don't have a .signature :-}

DISCLAIMER:  No one that hires me knows what I really think otherwise they
would fire me immediately, therefore they are not responsible for what I say.