[net.sf-lovers] More Music

Nessus%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC@sri-unix.UUCP (06/29/83)

From:  Nessus at MIT-EECS at MIT-MC (Doug Alan)

     From: "SCHOFIELD AT MERLIN c/o" <DEC-SFL at DEC-Marlboro>
     Subject: More music

     RUSH
	  A band which has been around for some time but only recently
     emerged from the head-banger hard rock cucoon in which so many bands
     begin careers. A three man band with a true feel for sf and the
     ability to make a song/story come alive through music:

I too like Rush, but they did not only recently emerge from their
head-banger hard rock cucoon -- they did that in about 1975 after
their third album (they now have nine studio albums).  For three or
four albums they did absolutely great music which almost always had a
science fiction or fantasy theme.  Unfortunately, on their last three
albums, they have sold out (for megabucks, I guess) and do pop (good
pop, but still pop -- not nearly as good as their vintage stuff) and
have greatly reduced the amount of science fiction content in their
music.

				-Doug Alan
-------