[comp.lang.c] Public domain LINT?

lalonde@dalcsug.UUCP (11/13/87)

Hello,
      I'm looking for the souces to a lint program to run with Mark
Williams C compiler on an Atari ST computer.  Does anyone know where I
could get such a beast?

			Paul Lalonde

	UUCP:  ...! { seismo | utai | watmath } !dalcs!dalcsug!lalonde
	BITNET: ACSPA27@DALAC

ftw@datacube.UUCP (11/16/87)

gardner@prls.UUCP writes:
> Is there any danger of stack overflow with the following construct:

> for(;;) {
>     int k;
>     etc. etc.
> }
> (assume the loop eventually exits, of course).
> In other words, is k allocated only once at the beginning of the
> procedure containing this construct, or is it allocated each time
> the {} block is entered? Is the answer implementation dependent?

> Robert Gardner

Space for "k" is alloctaed when the block under the "for" loop is entered,
and de-allocated on the way out, rather than being re-allocated for each
iteration of your loop.  Think of that "for" loop calling a function with
an auto ("k") declared in the clled function...

				Farrell T. Woods

Datacube Inc. Systems / Software Group	4 Dearborn Rd. Peabody, Ma 01960
VOICE:	617-535-6644;	FAX: (617) 535-5643;  TWX: (710) 347-0125
INTERNET: ftw@datacube.COM
UUCP: {rutgers, ihnp4, mirror}!datacube!ftw