[comp.lang.c] Microsoft C's

lawitzke@eecae.UUCP (John Lawitzke) (12/10/87)

Could someone either post or e-mail a description of the differences
between MSC v5.0 and Microsoft Quick C? I'm familiar with MSC v5 so
I'm mainly interested in what MSC has that Quick C doesn't. I'm
assuming there are differences considering I've seen Quick C for $75.

--
j                                UUCP: ...ihnp4!msudoc!eecae!lawitzke
"And it's just a box of rain..." ARPA: lawitzke@eecae.ee.msu.edu  (35.8.8.151)

sytek@tekgen.TEK.COM (Mike Ewan) (12/11/87)

In article <4640@eecae.UUCP> lawitzke@eecae.ee.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) writes:
>Could someone either post or e-mail a description of the differences
>between MSC v5.0 and Microsoft Quick C? I'm familiar with MSC v5 so
>I'm mainly interested in what MSC has that Quick C doesn't. I'm
>assuming there are differences considering I've seen Quick C for $75.

As far as I can tell from the QuickC manual; MSC 5.0 is an "Optimizing"
compiler.  The manual states that MSC and QuickC use the same library,
they both have the same memory models, they both use CodeView etc.  So
in my opinion, unless you're doing some major project, QuickC will do
just fine.

I haven't done an exhaustive evaluation so go easy on the flames folks.

Mike Ewan
Tektronix Inc.
sytek@tekgen.TEK.COM
...!tektronix!tekgen!sytek