[comp.lang.c] Help! small -> medium -> large -> huge etc

Randomizer@cup.portal.com (12/12/87)

Help!

  I'm learning this beautiful but sometimes difficult lang called 'C' on
the segmented architecture of an 8088 computer. Can any of you brilliant
guys who program in 'C' on the IBM please tell me:

If I write code in small model, then compile in large -- what variables
and pointers do I need to change to NEAR and FAR.
How do I determine this?
How do I know if something is in another segment etc....

Please help, I have MSC 5.0 and Turbo C so most code you send should work
for illustration purposes.

please E-Mail.

Randomizer@cup.portal.com   *or*  Aron_Fingers_Nelson@cup.portal.com
P.S.

  Any help would be appreciated in conversions from one model to the next.

Thanks in Advance!

bobmon@iuvax.UUCP (Bobmon) (12/15/87)

In article <1930@cup.portal.com> Randomizer@cup.portal.com writes:
+ Help!
+

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Help! small -> medium -> large -> huge   etc

Randomizer@cup.portal.com writes:
+
+ If I write code in small model, then compile in large -- what variables
+ and pointers do I need to change to NEAR and FAR.
+ How do I determine this?
+ How do I know if something is in another segment etc....
+
+ please E-Mail.
+
+   Any help would be appreciated in conversions from one model to the next.

Please mail to me as well, or post.  I'd like to learn also!

Bob Montante
bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu   or something like that.....