[comp.lang.c] text of ANSI Standard

ADLER1@brandeis.bitnet (12/24/87)

When will the ANSI standard be released and how does one get a copy ?
I have a copy of Harbison and Steele, which discusses one stage of the
standard. But things like "noalias" which have been on info-c lately
aren't discussed in H&S.

ADLER1@BRANDEIS.BITNET

In article <10990@brl-adm.ARPA> ADLER1@brandeis.bitnet writes:
>When will the ANSI standard be released and how does one get a copy ?

Copies of the draft proposed standard will probably be available for
public review in a few weeks.  Information about obtaining them should
be posted when they're ready.  I don't think you really want the previous
public review draft at this point.  The final approved ANS and/or ISO
standard will not be available until probably several months after the
end of the last public review.

>But things like "noalias" which have been on info-c lately
>aren't discussed in H&S.

This is generally known as "absence of reverse causality".