[comp.lang.c] Thanks for 'rindex' == 'strrchr' definition

bobmon@iuvax.UUCP (Bobmon) (01/15/88)

To the 33 or so of you who sent me answers over the past 2 weeks, thank you!
I won't even try individual replies, as I don't want to see 2 dozen variations
of "mail returned...poopy address" from around the net :-<

And just to summarize: BSD and relatives use 'index' and 'rindex'; ATT variants
use 'strchr' and 'strrchr'.  TurboC goes with ATT in this case.

dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) (01/16/88)

In article <5483@iuvax.UUCP> bobmon@iuvax.UUCP (Bobmon) writes:
>And just to summarize: BSD and relatives use 'index' and 'rindex'; ATT variants
>use 'strchr' and 'strrchr'.

Note, however, that 4.3BSD as shipped from Berkeley has all sorts of
undocumented goodies, such as strchr(), strrchr(), and tell().
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi