[comp.lang.c] Aztec C Update

TLIMONCE%DREW.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (01/20/88)

Does anyone know when Aztec C (from Manx, Inc) will be releasing the new
version (is it version 4.1?) that will allow prototypes?  Any news about
when they will have an ANSI library released?  I would like to know about
this status on the AmigaDOS and MS-DOS versions.

Does anyone at Manx read this discussion?

                             Tom Limoncelli
                 "Waiting to be able to use prototypes"
  Drew U/Box 1060/Madison NJ 07940     Bitnet: tlimonce@drew.BITNET
  Disclaimer: These are my views, not my employer or Drew Univesity.

rmtodd@uokmax.UUCP (Richard Michael Todd) (01/21/88)

In article <11325@brl-adm.ARPA> TLIMONCE%DREW.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
>Does anyone know when Aztec C (from Manx, Inc) will be releasing the new
>version (is it version 4.1?) that will allow prototypes?  Any news about
>when they will have an ANSI library released?  I would like to know about
>this status on the AmigaDOS and MS-DOS versions.
Well, the MS-DOS version has been out for a few months now, and I've been
using it on all sorts of things.  The compiler handles ANSI prototypes,
ANSI preprocessor syntax, near&far pointer declarations.  Fixes some of the
more appalling bugs in v3.4, but it's still got a few that turned up in
trying to compile Icon.  (The source code for Icon seems to be entirely
too good at revealing compiler bugs :-().  Note that the compiler seems to
be ANSI-standard capable, but the library is definitely not.  The library's
essentially same as in v3.4, which makes porting some programs a pain.
  One nice thing about Aztec: upgrading to the current version cost only
$10, unlike a certain other C compiler vendor that was much discussed in
this newsgroup :-).
Richard Todd
USSnail:820 Annie Court,Norman OK 73069
UUCP: {allegra!cbosgd|ihnp4}!occrsh!uokmax!rmtodd