[comp.lang.c] YABCPL acronym

kruger@whyvax.dec.com (Desperate Drive Mounted to keep Larouche off Ballot) (01/19/88)

Rahul Dhesi writes:

>Are you sure?  I always thought BCPL stood for "Before the C Programming
>Language", since BCPL was a predecesor of C.

 Steve DeJarnett replies:

>>Since I don't see any smiley face here, I'm assuming that this is
>>a serious question, to which the answer (according to everything I've read

Oh come on Steve, grow a sense of humor. How could he possibly be serious? You
don't define names in terms of events that haven't happened yet!

I always thought it was Bitchin' Camaro Propulsion Language. Are you going to
enlighten me too?

dov

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (01/22/88)

> Rahul Dhesi writes:
>
> >Are you sure?  I always thought BCPL stood for "Before the C Programming
> >Language", since BCPL was a predecesor of C.
>
>  Steve DeJarnett replies:
>
> >>Since I don't see any smiley face here, I'm assuming that this is
> >>a serious question, to which the answer (according to everything I've read
>
> Oh come on Steve, grow a sense of humor. How could he possibly be serious? You
> don't define names in terms of events that haven't happened yet!

Like Roman coins dated 15 BC. :-)

> I always thought it was Bitchin' Camaro Propulsion Language. Are you going to
> enlighten me too?
>
> dov

I maintain BCPL stands for Boring Conversation Programming Language, cuz
it leads to boring conversations about what it means.

Clayton E. Cramer