[comp.lang.c] Concurrent C ??

exodus@uop.edu (G.Onufer) (01/30/88)

The University of the Pacific teaching staff is looking for a Concurrent
C programming language or modifications, libraries to simulate such a
language.  (Example: package implementing semaphores, monitors, events,
etc.).

Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated (better than re-inventing the
wheel...).

Please reply by E-Mail to exodus@uop.edu

Greg Onufer
University of the Pacific

ccastks@pyr.gatech.EDU (Ken Seefried iii) (01/31/88)

In article <979@uop.edu> exodus@uop.edu (G.Onufer) writes:

>The University of the Pacific teaching staff is looking for a Concurrent
>C programming language or modifications, libraries to simulate such a
>language.  (Example: package implementing semaphores, monitors, events,
>etc.).
>
>Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated (better than re-inventing the
>wheel...).
>
>Please reply by E-Mail to exodus@uop.edu
>
>Greg Onufer
>University of the Pacific

Nahirian Ghehani (sp.) at AT&T wrote a language called Concurrent C that
may very well be something that you want to look at.  The tape that we
have dates from about 1985 and the documentation states that the compiler
simulates concurrency on a VAX.  I don't know if the compiler has been
developed any further.

If you email me, i find some references...and maybe reload the tape and
send a few of the (smaller) doc files...

Kenneth J. Seefried iii			|	Internet:	ken@gatech.edu
P.O. Box 30104				|	Bitnet:		ccastks@gitvm1
School of Information & Computer Science|	uucp:
Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332		|	...!{backbone site}!gatech!ken

stefan@wheaton.UUCP (Stefan Brandle ) (02/04/88)

The folks at Purdue had such a beastie going a year ago when I visited them.
Not sure who you should contact about that -- perhaps rsk@purdue.edu (that
address might be wrong) -- you could try ...!ihnp4!pur-ee!rsk and see what
happens.  I believe Douglas Comer (of XINU fame) was involved.  You could
try comer@pur-ee.uucp (once again, not sure of the specifics).
Stefan Brandle                                 UUCP:  ihnp4!wheaton!stefan
Wheaton College                                "But I never claimed to be sane!"