Date: 13 Jan 1988 13:39-EST
From: MHARRIS@G.BBN.COM
Subject: Memory Allocation Code Needed to Use with MSC

I am having lots of trouble with calloc() and friends under
Microsoft C 4.0, and would like to acquire a solid allocator
without having to write it (does anyone know if the allocation
problems are fixed in MSC 5.0, or am I just asking for more and
different bugs?).  So if you can supply or direct me to a simple
but bug-free allocator implementation (I just need calloc()
malloc() free()), free or inexpensive, I would greatly appreciate
it.  Thanks.

-- Michael Harris     MHarris@G.BBN.COM     (617) 873-3794

Date: 13 Jan 1988 13:43-EST
From: MHARRIS@G.BBN.COM
Subject: Traping Runtime System Errors under MSC

Can anyone tell me how to trap Microsoft C "serious runtime
errors", e.g., "Error 2000 Stack Overflow", before they print to
the terminal screen?  I want to deal with them myself in the code
that evoked the offending .EXE file (with system()).  Thanks.