[comp.lang.c] Mystery

In article <479@anuck.UUCP> jrl@anuck.UUCP (j.r.lupien) writes:
>Doug Gwyn posted a nice random number generator based on
>one of the Knuth algorithms. His C code was terse to
>the extreme, so I have made it a bit more "real".
>-------begin file random.c---------

What in the world are you talking about?  The code you posted is
not remotely related to anything I ever wrote.

>  As posted by Doug, this would not work on many machines,
>  and might well crash and burn
>  on others. The problem was in the pointers. ...

What pointers?  I posted a portable ANSI C implementation of a
linear congruential algorithm, involving NO use of pointers.

Please remove my name from your code -- I consider it atrocious
and do not want people associating my name with it!