[comp.lang.c] sdb

In article <246@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>As far as using the debuggers provided with my SysVr3.0, I would love to
>do that, but have been discouraged because of the lack of any tutorial
>information and description of what the debugger reports, and because it
>looks like I will have to learn 32000 assembly language to get any use
>out of the sdb debugger.  If you know of a place where I can learn
>something useful about sdb, please let me know.

Besides the entry in the UNIX System V Programmer's Release 3 Reference
Manual (307-226), there is a more tutorial summary as chapter 15 of the
UNIX System V Release 3 Programmer's Guide (307-225).  You need not
learn anything about WE32000 assembly language to obtain useful
information such as a traceback of the function calls at the time of
failure.  In fact, sdb is normally used in conjunction with the C
source code, not with the machine language generated by the compiler.