[comp.lang.c] Problems, we got problems...

TLIMONCE%DREW.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (02/15/88)

Hello from New Joisey,

I seem to be getting two copies of Info-C.  Now, I do love C and I am
talking a speed-reading course right now, but two copies?  :-)  Could
this be looked into?

Thanks muchly,

Tom Limoncelli
tlimonce@drew.bitnet
Drew University

daveb@geac.UUCP (David Collier-Brown) (02/26/88)

In article <11827@brl-adm.ARPA> TLIMONCE%DREW.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
>Hello from New Joisey,
[...]

And here's another problem of a similar (I **hope** not identical) sort:
Hello, eh, from Canada.

> Date:         Thu, 25 Feb 1988 14:10 PST
> From: Revised List Processor (1.5m) <cmcl2!LISTSERV@OREGON1>
> Subject:      Output of job "INFO-C" from RSCS@UWAVM
> To: GEAC!DAVEB
>
> Command replies from RSCS@UWAVM are being forwarded to you.
> RSCS@UWAVM has sent a DISTRIBUTE job to LISTSERV@OREGON1 with your userid as
> "from" origin. This job has been processed with the origin being forced back
> to   "RSCS@UWAVM".   Please   contact  the   LISTSERV   Coordination   Board
> <LCOORD-L@FRECP11> if you  think that "RSCS@UWAVM" should  have been treated
> as a "trusted" userid.
> Invalid mail origin specification.

  If someone could suggest what to do to stop my mailbox from
filling up with copies of this message, I would be appreciative.

  Sending mail to the various addresses in the message seems
insuficent. (That's not unexpected, anyone who writes stuff like the
above probably has trouble reading, too.  1/2 (:-))

 --dave (comment pending) c-b

--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor yunexus utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) (02/28/88)

Interesting.  I've been getting "undeliverable mail" notices from the
INFO-C List Sender as it tries to mail my postings to an unrecognizable
host -- decvax!  How can I shut these off?

--
Peter Holsberg                  UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division             CompuServe: 70240,334