[comp.lang.c] noalias; K&R 2nd edition

msb@sq.uucp (Mark Brader) (03/23/88)

> Basically, "noalias" is ...

> I think I got that substantially right, although I may have messed
> up a few details.  Hey, I don't plan to use this stuff!

Trouble is, Doug, if you ever use anyone else's code, you won't
have that option.

Is that 2nd edition K&R actually *on the market*, with the noalias
issue still leading to a prospect of significant change?  Does Dewey
defeat Truman?

Mark Brader, utzoo!sq!msb, msb@sq.com		C unions never strike!

In article <1988Mar22.234610.29290@sq.uucp> msb@sq.UUCP (Mark Brader) writes:
>Is that 2nd edition K&R actually *on the market*, with the noalias
>issue still leading to a prospect of significant change?

The book notes that it was based on a non-final draft of the standard,
and that some things may be different in the final standard.  With
"noalias" relegated to footnotes, it wouldn't be a big deal if
noalias vanished; it would just provide another item for recurring
trivia questions in this newsgroup.