[comp.lang.c] DOS Interrupts 1Eh and 2Eh

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (03/24/88)

I am looking for information on two undocumented DOS interrupts.
1Eh and 2Eh are supposedly able to allow a programmer to change
the master environment, i.e. alter the path or setup strings of
the master and not the child process.  If you have any docs on
what registers etc. to fill to execute these interrupts please
send them to me or post them on the net.  I am especially
interested in their use from Turbo C.

Bill Wilson

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (03/24/88)

If anyone can send me examples of linking assembly modules to Turbo C
I would appreciate it.  I can successfully link MS Fortran but the
assembly is throwing me for a loop.  I either get function not found
errors on the link (following the poor examples in the manuals.) or
if I do inline assembly I always get phase loop errors.

Any clues?

Bill Wilson

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) (03/25/88)

In article <615@naucse.UUCP> wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:

>If anyone can send me examples of linking assembly modules to Turbo C
>I would appreciate it.  I can successfully link MS Fortran but the
>assembly is throwing me for a loop.  I either get function not found
>errors on the link (following the poor examples in the manuals.) or
>if I do inline assembly I always get phase loop errors.

>Any clues?

   I'm not a Turbo C user, but did you remember to prepend an underscore
to the routine names in the ASM code?

-      -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -	-
Steve Creps on the 8650 runnin' Ultrix at Indiana University.
creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (192.12.206.2), ...iuvax!silver!creps,
creps@iubacs.bitnet "Hey fellas, it's a four-legged V-8!"

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (03/26/88)

In article <1284@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) writes:
> In article <615@naucse.UUCP> wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:
>
> >If anyone can send me examples of linking assembly modules to Turbo C
> >I would appreciate it.  I can successfully link MS Fortran but the
> >assembly is throwing me for a loop.  I either get function not found
> >errors on the link (following the poor examples in the manuals.) or
> >if I do inline assembly I always get phase loop errors.

I forgot to mention in my first article that I am prepending _
to the assembler entry points as shown in the Turbo C manual.  I am
also using public code and have tried most of the memory models.

Bill Wilson