[comp.lang.c] TF-1/RP3 was Languages vs. machines The need for D-scussion

eugene@pioneer.arpa (Eugene N. Miya) (03/30/88)

In article <1247@PT.CS.CMU.EDU> edw@IUS1.CS.CMU.EDU (Eddie Wyatt) writes:
>Stats on TF3
>
>  Canidates for this beast include NASA.  Does anyone at NASA
>want to comment?

My comment: you are confusing the TF-1 (teraflops-1) and the RP-3
(research parallel processor project).  There are probably several dozen
candidate sites for these machines, all places with multiple
supercomputers (like the new SDI Testbed, why don't you ask Livermore,
Los Alamos, Sandia, etc.).  It is not appropriate to
discuss subjects like this on the net which may be in negotiation.

From the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@ames-aurora.ARPA
  "Send mail, avoid follow-ups.  If enough, I'll summarize."
  {uunet,hplabs,hao,ihnp4,decwrl,allegra,tektronix}!ames!aurora!eugene

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.arch
Subject: Re: Languages vs. machines (was Re: The need for D-scussion)
Newsgroups: ba.general
Subject: Re: Recomondation for Dentists
Newsgroups: comp.lang.fortran
Subject: Re: Fortran 8x, recursive procedures

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.arch

Subject: Re: TF-1/RP3 was Languages vs. machines The need for D-scussion
In article <1247@PT.CS.CMU.EDU> edw@IUS1.CS.CMU.EDU (Eddie Wyatt) writes:
>Stats on TF3
>
>  Canidates for this beast include NASA.  Does anyone at NASA
>want to comment?

My comment: you are confusing the TF-1 (teraflops-1) and the RP-3
(research parallel processor project).  There are probably several dozen
candidate sites for these machines, all places with multiple
supercomputers (like the new SDI Testbed, why don't you ask Livermore,
Los Alamos, Sandia, etc.).  It is not appropriate to
discuss subjects like this on the net which may be in negotiation.

From the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers: