>sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) writes:
>>Richard Harter (g-rh@CCA.CCA.COM.UUCP) writes:
>>>sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) writes:
>>>>somebody@else writes:
>>>>>Richard Harter (g-rh@CCA.CCA.COM.UUCP) writes:
>>>>>>swede@turnip (The Swedish Chef@Muppet Labs) writes:

>>>>>>> Yes you did!
>>>>>>>> No you *didn't*!

Now, you good folks are just wasting your time.  Of course I know you
realize that.

What you know you should *really* be discussing is the correct positioning
of the braces in 'C', and the number of spaces in an indent.

Even whether "noalias" means that "Doug Gwynn" really *is* a synonym for
"Ansi", would be refreshing.

Until you decide to come to your senses and do so, and God forbid, why
should *I* lay the ground work for you, I would like to present the
following, not only so that you can agree with me and thus boost my ego, but
also to display my obvious intellectual prowess:

My favourite colour is red.

I believe everyone with any intelligence whatsoever has no option but to
agree with me here.  Indeed many times I have been praised for the clarity
and wisdom of this preference.

For those of you who would say "blue", I disagree.  You are wrong.

Don't you know that blue is the colour of the *Sea*?

Don't you know that the Sea is *all wet*?

That what we really need is *Tea*?  Now that's *hot*!

I have a serious question to ask you on this important subject.  The version
of rn and XTALK I use to read these posting thingies writes *GREEN*
characters on my screen.  Horrors!

Now I know that many of you will say:

"What?  Try to *improve* it!  You must be mad"!  Use it as it is", and

"*I* never have any problem with green, and I wrote 3 megabytes of code last
 week, as well as finding time to tell everyone on the net about it", and

"*I* like green, how can green *possibly* be a problem for you", and

"How dare you insinuate there is *anything* wrong with *my* favourite
 colour", and

"Come now, it's too late to have *that* change considered", and

"Isn't X3J ambiguous on that one, what you must do is *cast* it red".

I would however appreciate a real solution.

Are there any "B Ark" types out there who can provide me with the patches I
need to create the colour coordination I require?

Incidentally, I've noticed a distinct ambiguity in the use of the word "and"
in K&R (*second* edition of course), particularly on pages 35 and 127.

I would suggest perhaps the term "andand" or even "andd" should have been
used.  Can anyone comment on the repercusions on the implementations here?

The change certainly won't be backwards compatible with the first edition, I
know, and I'd hate to break so many existing books.  Perhaps even K&R would
like to give his opinion.  Now wouldn't *that* be something.

[Oops sorry, I've missed the spaces in K&R between the K & & & & & R]!

Please post the responses rather than e-mailing them to me, because as these
things are so important to me, they *must* be really relevant to everyone
else on the net.

Anyway I like to see my name in as many postings as possible.  It really
does confirm that I am an important contributor, and justifies all the time
I waste reading the usual garbage and posting my insights.

Ray Dunn.  ..{philabs,mnetor}!micomvax!ray

[The solution to the readable names argument?  Redefine "noalias" as "aka"!]

[Now is the time to press 'K']

Just as an attempt to avoid the inevitable:

(:-)

I'm sorry, your five minutes is up!