[comp.lang.c] new, faster lex?

kak@stc-auts.UUCP (Kris Kugel) (04/13/88)

I recently heard that somebody had posted a new, faster
lex source recently.  Nothing like that showed up here,
could anybody tell me if such a thing exists, and if so,
where I can get it?

Thanx,
	Kris A. Kugel
	Storage Tek:    ...{ uunet!nbires, ncar, ihnp4 }!stcvax!stc-auts!kak
	"It is better to light one small cannibal than to torch the duchess"

P.S.  There was an abstract for an article about a faster lex
in one of the USENIX proceedings, but I couldn't figure out
how to get mail to the authors of the paper for more details . . .

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) (04/13/88)

In comp.lang.c (<253@stc-auts.UUCP>), kak@stc-auts.UUCP (Kris Kugel) writes:
>I recently heard that somebody had posted a new, faster
>lex source recently.  ...
There is a mostly-compatible Lex program called Flex that is real
fast.  It has been sort-of available from a couple of machines in
beta-test mode.  A day or two ago I got a note from the author saying
it's ready for comp.sources.unix now.

I expect it'll be a month before it appears.
	/rich $alz, moderator thereof
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz@uunet.uu.net.