[comp.lang.c] SPARC

jas@rain.rtech.UUCP (Jim Shankland) (05/17/88)

In article <525@wsccs.UUCP> terry@wsccs.UUCP (Every system needs one) writes:
>[ ut-oh.  They got me started on SPARC again...]
>
>[Followed by much sound and fury, signifying ... well ...]

It's hard to respond to the specific complaints, because they're kind of
vaguely worded.  However, nothing in my experience so far indicates that
SPARC is unusually difficult to port to.  (Unless the code to be ported
assumes that "all the world's a VAX"; and we all know what to do with such
code and the people who write it, right?)

Jim Shankland
  ..!ihnp4!cpsc6a!\
               sun!rtech!jas
 ..!ucbvax!mtxinu!/

	And I will show you something different from either
	Your shadow at morning striding behind you
	Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
	I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

			-- T. S. Eliot