[comp.lang.c] BITNET mail follows

CECNET%UCHCECVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (01/19/88)

Date:     Tue Jan 19 10:36:14 1988
From:     Gonzalo Rossello <GROSSELL@UCHCECVM>
Subject:  New to the list.
To:       <info-c@brl.arpa>

    Where can I retrieve past contributions to this list?

                                       Gonzalo Rossello
                                       System Programmer, CEC
                                       Universidad de Chile
                                       Santiago, Chile
                                       Bitnet Address: GROSSELL@UCHCECVM

GROSSELL%UCHCECVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (07/08/88)

Date:     Thu Jul 07 10:27:55 1988
From:     Gonzalo A. Rossello L. <GROSSELL@UCHCECVM>
Subject:  BUG! BUG! in Waterloo C 3.0 for VM/SP (370)
To:       Info-C List <Info-C@BRL.ARPA>
Cc:       <Info-C-Request@Research.ATT.COM>

   We  discovered  a  bug  in  Waterloo C 3.0  for  VM/SP.  Consider  de
following program:
-----------------------------cut here------------------------------------
#include <stdio>
#include <stdlib>

main(){
   int a;
   struct{
      int aa;
   }pp = { 1 };

   printf("Value of pp.aa before pre-incrementing: %d\n", pp.aa);
   a = (++pp.aa)  * 1 ;
   printf("Value of pp.aa after pre-incrementing: %d\n", pp.aa);
   printf("Value of a: %d\n",a);
}
-----------------------------cut here------------------------------------
Here is console log of its execution:
 load error (start
 EXECUTION BEGINS...
 Value of pp.aa before pre-incrementing: 1
 Value of pp.aa after pre-incrementing: 1
 Value of a: 2
 R; T=0.24/0.78 10:26:39 S=0K/0K
 sp cons close stop

   Clearly the  value of 'pp.aa'  after pre-incrementing should be  2. If
'aa' is not  a member of a struct  then everything is OK. Also  if we do
'a = (++pp.aa);' the value of 'pp.aa' is correctly incremented.
   Has anyone discovered other bugs in Waterloo C 3.0 for VM/SP?

GAKUMAR%MTUS5.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (08/04/88)

Date: 3 August 88, 13:12:39 EST
From: GAKUMAR  at MTUS5
To:   INFO-C at BRL.ARPA
Sub:  Public domain autorouting programs.

    Hi,
         Are there any public domain autorouters (a program that connects
different components on a printed circuit board) that I could ftp ? I posted
the same question on turbo-c@ucf1vm but without much success.
         Please email your responses directly to me since I am not on the
list.
    Thanks in advance.

GAKUMAR@MTUS5.BITNET