[comp.lang.c] CommonLISP && SCHEME together??

abh0@bunny.UUCP (Andrew Hudson) (08/05/88)

Are there any LISP development environments with both SCHEME and
CommonLISP together? Preferably SCHEME written in Lucid or Franz
CommonLISP and callable from the same?

- Andrew Hudson

jbn@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (John B. Nagle) (08/06/88)

     The concept is a bit much.  Common LISP already has the reputation of
being "the language with tailfins".  It's difficult to visualize what
a Common LISP combined with Scheme combined with Franz LISP would be like.
I recently saw a photograph of an 18-wheel articulated limousine equipped
with a bedroom, hot tub, swimming pool, and various other ameneties.  This
perhaps comes close.

					John Nagle

welch@saqqara.cis.ohio-state.edu (Arun Welch) (08/09/88)

>From: abh0@bunny.UUCP (Andrew Hudson)
>
>Are there any LISP development environments with both SCHEME and
>CommonLISP together? Preferably SCHEME written in Lucid or Franz
>CommonLISP and callable from the same?

One of the user-contributed software packages in Xerox Lisp (nee Interlisp-D)
is a Scheme interpreter.  So, John, just to add to the "Lisp with tailfins",
we have Common Lisp, Interlisp, and Scheme all living together in the same
box.  Seems like an addition of a outhouse or two to the limo...:-)

...arun

Arun Welch
Lisp Systems Programmer, Lab for AI Research, Ohio State University
welch@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu