[comp.lang.c] Microsoft Windows and C

kehyoe@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Ong Keh Yoe) (08/11/88)

Hello,

		I am interested in any information on good programming
manuals for Microsoft C and Microsoft Windows.  I am particularly
interested in memory management problems, (especially the different
memory models available).  I would also very appreciative of
any problems anyone has encountered programming in C in a
Windows environment, again particularly with memory management.

		Some examples of code that highlights the usefulness of
the memory models would also be appreciated.  The MS-reference
manual does mention some of the issues, but is sparse on examples.
You can email information to me at kehyoe@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
Thanks to one and all.

											Keh Yoe
											(the fool on the hill)

lai@vedge.UUCP (David Lai) (08/22/88)

In article <6617@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> kehyoe@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Ong Keh Yoe) writes:
>Hello,
>
>		I am interested in any information on good programming
>manuals for Microsoft C and Microsoft Windows.

Pacific Press publishes a book entitled 'Microsoft Windows / Microsoft C
Developers Reference Manual', by Kwan Technologies.  It is a reference
book intended to be used with the Microsoft manual set.  Cost is $19.95
+ postage.  Address: Pacific Press, PO Box 611075, San Jose, CA 95161-1075
or call (408) 741-4250.

It is also available at Computer Literacy in Sunnyvale (I beleive they
do mail order also).

It is a reference book, and not intended to be a tutorial on Windows or C, for
which there are many other publications.  It is really useful
for Windows programmers.
--
	"What is a DJ if he can't scratch?"  - Uncle Jamms Army
The views expressed are those of the author, and not of Visual Edge, nor Usenet.