[comp.lang.c] GNU C for VMS wanted

dymaxion@iisat.UUCP (Dymaxion Research) (09/23/88)

Iam trying to source a copy of GNU C for VMS.Hasthis
been posted to the Net?  Is it available from a source other
thanthebetareleaseon thelastDECUStapes?Any
information would be appreciated.

--
Dymaxion Research
UUCP: {uunet,utai,watmath} !dalcs!iisat!dymaxion

swilson%thetone@Sun.COM (Scott Wilson) (09/24/88)

In article <140@iisat.UUCP> dymaxion@iisat.UUCP (Dymaxion Research) writes:
[parsing added]
>I am trying to source a copy of GNU C for VMS.  Has this
>been posted to the Net?  Is it available from a source other
>than the beta release on the last DECUS tapes?  Any
>information would be appreciated.

I recently snagged a copy of this for friends who work at a place still
infested with the scourge of VMS.  A compressed tar file is available
for anonymous ftp from prep.ai.mit.edu.  The full pathname is
/u2/emacs/vms-gcc.tar.Z.  I know nothing about the contents or usability
of this tar file.  The compressed tar file is 693K.  Also, I see the
following on the order form in the back of the Gnu emacs manual:

	GNU C Compiler source and binary code, on 1600 bpi industry
	standard magnetic tape in VMS interchange format.  $150

If you don't have ftp access to prep.ai.mit.edu then your best bet
would probably be to find a friend near you who can ftp and give
them a tape to write for you.  If you could get a tape to me I might
be able to do it for you.  BTW, all of this tape talk is because I
assume it is bad manners to mail something that large around.

--
Scott Wilson		arpa: swilson@sun.com
Sun Microsystems	uucp: ...!sun!swilson