[comp.lang.c] Pen Pals

alan@coplex.UUCP (Alan Bunch) (09/24/88)

Hello there world !!

Since I dont know if there a group for this Ill post to several and hope.

My name is Alan Bunch and I live in Louisville Kentucky and would like
to contact people who are interested in 'lectronic pen pals so to speak.

My interests are computers of most any kind/size/shape/color/flavor,
movies, general reading, photography, outdoors and the like, and most
anything else that can be talked about.

I will answer most any letter on most any topic.  This takes into account
the tempremental nature of the 'lectronic mail delivery system as we know it
and of course the direction of the wind at my site at the time of mailing.

All interested parties please reply via one of the mail paths below.

I will include my sig here and if postnews wants to it can include a copy also.

Alan Bunch  ( yes as in bananas )          | Hack till   |Your favorite
      gatech--\                            | you crack ! |goes here !
UUCP: mit-eddie!bloom-beacon!coplex!alan   |-------------|--------------------
mailer IQ > 10: alan@coplex.uucp           |This opinion |This segment reserved
DISCLAMER: Opinions expressed are rented.  |  for rent.  |for useful data.

proac@tahoe.unr.edu (Arnold L. McGuire ) (09/27/88)

In article <457@coplex.UUCP> alan@coplex.UUCP (Alan Bunch) writes:

>Hello there world !!
>
>Since I dont know if there a group for this Ill post to several and hope.
>
>My name is Alan Bunch and I live in Louisville Kentucky and would like
>to contact people who are interested in 'lectronic pen pals so to speak.

        several lines of boring facts about this person deleted

>Alan Bunch  ( yes as in bananas )          | Hack till   |Your favorite
>      gatech--\                            | you crack ! |goes here !
>UUCP: mit-eddie!bloom-beacon!coplex!alan   |-------------|--------------------
>mailer IQ > 10: alan@coplex.uucp           |This opinion |This segment reserved
>DISCLAMER: Opinions expressed are rented.  |  for rent.  |for useful data.

		  	  This IS a joke, right?

				proac@tahoe

"Help! Help! .... I'm being repressed!!!"  -----Monty Python-The Holy Grail

"These are the voyages of The Starship Enterprise on its CONTINUING
 mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new
 civilizations, to boldly go where no ONE has gone before."
                                       ^

			Thank ERA for that one.

djones@megatest.UUCP (Dave Jones) (09/28/88)

> In article <457@coplex.UUCP> alan@coplex.UUCP (Alan Bunch) writes:
>
>Hello there world !!
>
>Since I dont know if there a group for this Ill post to several and hope.
>
>My name is Alan .... and I live in Louisville Kentucky and would like
>to contact people who are interested in 'lectronic pen pals so to speak.

An open letter to...

Alan,

There are a few things you need to know about the "net".  One is
that posting something to more than two or three groups simultaneously
is usually not a good idea.  I suggest that you read
net.announce.newusers.

One more thing you should know is that there are, regrettably,
lots of very insensitive people who post to the net, who may direct
very rude responses to you, if you do something which they consider to
be improper.  Glean what useful information you can from such postings,
but give the insults the attention they deserve: none whatsoever.

         Best of luck,

         Dave