[comp.lang.c] MS C -> UNIX C

jim.nutt@p11.f15.n114.z1.fidonet.org (jim nutt) (10/09/88)

 > From: root@chief.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse)
 > Alnyone have a program to convert MS C to UNIX C? If possible
 > it sould be PD. I'm running SCO Xenix 2.2.1 so it would have to
 > run on this.

i think i'm missing something here, particularly since you are running xenix.  aren't the compilers pretty close to the same?  the only real difference should be in the library.  the only other difficulty i can think of is that the ms-dos msc is probably closer to draft ansi than xenix c.

jim nutt
'the computer handyman'

--
St. Joseph's Hospital/Medical Center - Usenet <=> FidoNet Gateway
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!stjhmc!15.11!jim.nutt

rfarris@serene.CTS.COM (Rick Farris) (10/09/88)

In article <386@chief.UUCP> root@chief.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) writes:
> Anyone have a program to convert MS C to UNIX C?  I'm running SCO Xenix
> 2.2.1 so it would have to run on this.

>Lance Ellinghouse
>UUCP: {hermix|srhqla|alphacm|ucla-an}!chief!lance

Xenix C *is* Microsoft C.  It's MSC 4.0.  All the MSC switches work (thanks,
Greg), and everything.  Of course some of the library routines, like int86,
don't work, and the Xenix version has some library routines that the DOS
version doesn't, but all-in-all, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Rick Farris            rfarris@serene.cts.com     voice         (619) 259-6793
POB M                          KCBIW              public access       259-7757
Del Mar CA 92014      ...!uunet!serene!rfarris    serene.uucp         259-3704