[comp.lang.c] C interp...

oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (10/14/88)

In article <371@Grumpy.UUCP> wgh@Grumpy.UUCP (William G. Hutchison) writes:

> Most programs in textbooks are covered by the copyright on the text.
>Maybe you got zip because most people here are honest and not willing to
>pirate software for you.

And, I am somehow dishonest huh ?? This is a severe insult, but,
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ??

The code for the interpreter is available from Springer-Verlag for a
minimal fee, and to my knowledge, it is copyright, but has no distribution
restrictions on it... [I do not have the software, so I cannot tell for
sure whether or not it is distributable.] If it is not distributable,
despite its availability from the publisher, I would not want it casually,
and would order it myself.

For the record, I do not pirate software, I do not use/hack even GNU
software because I do not *agree* with its conditions, nor do I distribute
software that is non-distributable, and believe me, I have distributed a
*lot* over the years.

>Bill Hutchison, DP Consultant	rutgers!cbmvax!burdvax!Grumpy!wgh
>Unisys UNIX Portation Center	"What one fool can do, another can!"
Point well made, albeit somewhat ironically.  ^^^^

Your apology is accepted in advance.

oz
--
To err is human; 	        	| Usenet: ...!utzoo!yunexus!oz
to really foul things up takes		|   ...uunet!mnetor!yunexus!oz